Skip to main content

Melacep Plus™ Luminous System

I have been battling adult acne since last year. I don't know what triggered it, but it made me really self-conscious. I have to be honest, it did affect my business since I came back to Mary Kay last year. I was self-conscious. Very very self-conscious! 
I mean, how can a beauty consultant like me who sells skin care products make a profit when my own skin isn't healthy? 

There are many causes to adult acne. Its totally different from adolescent pimple breakout which subsides as we pass the teenager stage. I think the number one culprit is stress. Then theres hormonal-imbalance, poor hygiene, unhealthy lifestyle, etc.

Last year was a point in our couple life where we are at the lowest. I was stressed out. I started gaining weight, lost my will to take care of myself. Felt that there wasn't any point in maintaining my beauty regimens because I'm not really going anywhere. I felt stuck. Ugly. Unsuccessful. Unwanted. My first 3 months in the business was a dilemma. I couldn't sell. I don't book appointments because I was ashame to show up to my clients and teach them how to take care of their skin. I am good at make up though. However, putting on make up is just like painting: one cannot paint on a dirty canvass. 

I started using Melacep Plus™ Luminous System Serum around January, then they launched the Cleanser around February. I still had several major breakouts in my forehead and cheeks, but it became minimal and only get a few around my period cycle. 

No, it isn't an acne-treatment product. However, it worked on me!

What it really aims is to give our skin an even tone, translucency, luminousity, softness, and it helps reduce those pesky dark spots like freckles (pekas) and acne scars. Also protect skin from further damage from the sun and environment, giving you a youthful glow.

What I love about this product is it doesn't just lighten the outer layer of the skin, but goes down to the inner layer as well. Hence, the no-instant result because it is true to its promise to reveal a brighter (not whiter) and even out skin in 4 to 6 weeks.



No filter selfie. As you can see, I still have visible dark-spots which slowly fades. Also notice that luminous glow? If you notice Korean and Japanesez they have luminous-dewy looking skin, that's what Melacep Plus™ Luminous system offers.







With Make-up! Mas madali na mag-make up since almost clear na ulit ang skin ko. Going for the korean-dewy look.

Mas tipid na ako sa concealer ngayon. Dati 1kg ang bigat ng make up ko, ngayon 1/4 nalang!  Hehe!




Comments

Popular Post

The finest wine.

They said that men are like fine wine, they get better in time. I couldn't agree more. Being with Waldy for almost 7 years is not too long compared to others, but I can definitely say that this simile definitely applies to him.  2016 was such a challenging time for the both of us in all aspects of our lives. I've seen him struggle with personal issue and his career. I've been with him on his downest moment and still is present beside him today as we face a new year full of hope and renewed goals. It wasn't easy, but its all worth it. Seeing him commit mistakes and get back up after being down doesn't make me a better person than him, but it made me realized that I am also brave and strong. Because it takes a lot of courage and faith to hone a great man. As the other saying goes : " Every great man is a great woman. " So, I guess I can say that its a win-win for us. As we move along with life, we mold each other into a person th...

10 Important Tips to Consider in Choosing an a Health Insurance Plan

December is always the most celebrated month in the Philippines. This is the time we honor the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. But, let's all admit that we look forward to this season because of the bonuses and 13th month. And let's also admit to ourselves, that most of the Filipinos are "one-day-millionares". We tend to spend rather than save or invest. Finding the right healthcare plan is not always easy, especially if one is doing it on their own. Availing of a health insurance is a highly individual exercise because each person has different needs. A freelancer’s requirements, for instance, will be very different from that of an employed parent. Someone who lives a sedentary lifestyle will have different needs from that of someone more active. There are many things to consider when one is trying to decide on a plan best for them, so it’s important to closely study one’s options before eventually selecting one. Maria Health, the Philippines’ first...

GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY PH

The worldwide celebration of GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY yesterday, June 11, 2016, from 7am to 11am at the 2nd Floor of FTX Fitness Exchange. The celebration was a huge success as people from different walks of life gathered and pledged to the aims of this advocacy, which are: To recognize the value of our lives, to pause and think, even if for just one day of the year,  to be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits, to make peace with ourselves, and to raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not justfor today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year.   Early morning beauties getting ready for a healthier us! There's always a first!  I'm saying yes! Butt shot with Jazz Rodriguez, our yoga instructor. My first try on yoga : The best! My nephew Juan enjoying scalp massage. (Video and photos courtesy of Occasions of Joy ) GWD   is   an   entirely   not-for-profit   day, ...