Skip to main content

My I-Story: The Journey of an Independent Beauty Consultant


Everyone has a dream.
And, I'm not talking about the dream that happens when we sleep.
This dream is the real deal. An ambition. A goal. Its what keeps us motivated and work harder.

Let me tell you about my Mary Kay journey, my dream that sets fire on me and inspires me to never stop chasing it.

I was an Insurance Agent or a Financial Advisor as they now call it before I knew the Mary Kay company. I was struggling to sell a plan since most of the clients I talk to were older and wiser in the financial field than I. It was 2009. 

An awarded collegue offered me to try and buy from her. Upon checking the catalogue, I knew that this was something I would be very passionate with. So I told her I wanted to join. She introduced me to my current Sales Director, Marita Del Corro and I became one of the many Independent Beauty Consultants.

This was the start of my exciting journey. I became a full time Independent Beauty Consultant, a Team Leader, Red Jacket University Graduate.

Unfortunately, I encountered a personal problem which made me go into hiding. It was a dark time for me, being cyber-bullied by someone, I was depressed and traumatized.

In 2016, I came back with a renewed self-esteem and matured outlook in life. I started to being a happy seller again, connected to some old clients, made happy new customers and to becoming an Independent Group Leader again.

I have battled a hard combat, not only with the people who wanted to pull me down, but with myself as well. I realized that to reach my dream, I have to make that jump.

And what is my dream?

My dream is to become an Independent Sales Director in the nearest future.

And how do I attain that?

By enriching other women's lives, in return, they will guide me into reaching my own goals.

We only realize we are close to our dreams when we see how big a difference we made to other people's lives.

My plan to achieve this goal is to take it slowly but surely and never stop having fun while doing it.

Credits to Youtube for this video


If you want to become an Independent Beauty Consultant in Mary Kay, you can comment below  or send me an email at liezlalberto16@gmail.com.



Comments

Popular Post

The finest wine.

They said that men are like fine wine, they get better in time. I couldn't agree more. Being with Waldy for almost 7 years is not too long compared to others, but I can definitely say that this simile definitely applies to him.  2016 was such a challenging time for the both of us in all aspects of our lives. I've seen him struggle with personal issue and his career. I've been with him on his downest moment and still is present beside him today as we face a new year full of hope and renewed goals. It wasn't easy, but its all worth it. Seeing him commit mistakes and get back up after being down doesn't make me a better person than him, but it made me realized that I am also brave and strong. Because it takes a lot of courage and faith to hone a great man. As the other saying goes : " Every great man is a great woman. " So, I guess I can say that its a win-win for us. As we move along with life, we mold each other into a person th...

10 Important Tips to Consider in Choosing an a Health Insurance Plan

December is always the most celebrated month in the Philippines. This is the time we honor the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. But, let's all admit that we look forward to this season because of the bonuses and 13th month. And let's also admit to ourselves, that most of the Filipinos are "one-day-millionares". We tend to spend rather than save or invest. Finding the right healthcare plan is not always easy, especially if one is doing it on their own. Availing of a health insurance is a highly individual exercise because each person has different needs. A freelancer’s requirements, for instance, will be very different from that of an employed parent. Someone who lives a sedentary lifestyle will have different needs from that of someone more active. There are many things to consider when one is trying to decide on a plan best for them, so it’s important to closely study one’s options before eventually selecting one. Maria Health, the Philippines’ first...

GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY PH

The worldwide celebration of GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY yesterday, June 11, 2016, from 7am to 11am at the 2nd Floor of FTX Fitness Exchange. The celebration was a huge success as people from different walks of life gathered and pledged to the aims of this advocacy, which are: To recognize the value of our lives, to pause and think, even if for just one day of the year,  to be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits, to make peace with ourselves, and to raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not justfor today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year.   Early morning beauties getting ready for a healthier us! There's always a first!  I'm saying yes! Butt shot with Jazz Rodriguez, our yoga instructor. My first try on yoga : The best! My nephew Juan enjoying scalp massage. (Video and photos courtesy of Occasions of Joy ) GWD   is   an   entirely   not-for-profit   day, ...