Skip to main content

Spring hangover all-year

I didn't know that there are lots of videos in youtube about unboxing or more like cracking eggs with bits of surprises inside. If I had know that these videos would attract many kids, I would have uploaded Izhi's homemade egg-hunting experience a long time ago.

I tried looking for online shops who sells these kind of chocolate eggs, and found out that it was unreasonably expensive. Like its P150 for 2 pieces of eggs, and I'm like what! So I did not continue with the purchase, instead I asked Waldy if he can find small eggs in the market with candies inside. Unfortunately, it was out of stock that day. 

Last night, we went at Ate Joy's house for Kuya John's birthday dinner, and I told her that Yuri is so into eggs lately because of these videos that he keeps on playing with the marbles egg decorations in their house. Luckily, she saved some of the eggs from their previous egg-hunt and gave it to Yuri.

So today, I bought some small toys like cars and motorcycles which Yuri really likes ( because he's also so into wheels ) for P5 each, got him some candies for P1 each, and my milkyway mini bar and voila! I have egg surprise for him! 

Imagine, I only paid P45 for all the toys and candies I bought instead of buying that expensive egg.

I think its all about being creative. Toddlers and kids doesn't really care how expensive or cheap a toy is, as long as its fun to play with. They are simple and full of imagination.

I'm giving myself a pat in the shoulder for doing what I think is best to let Yuri experience what it feels like to open an egg with a little prize inside, and for not overspending. Hahaha! 

Comments

Popular Post

The finest wine.

They said that men are like fine wine, they get better in time. I couldn't agree more. Being with Waldy for almost 7 years is not too long compared to others, but I can definitely say that this simile definitely applies to him.  2016 was such a challenging time for the both of us in all aspects of our lives. I've seen him struggle with personal issue and his career. I've been with him on his downest moment and still is present beside him today as we face a new year full of hope and renewed goals. It wasn't easy, but its all worth it. Seeing him commit mistakes and get back up after being down doesn't make me a better person than him, but it made me realized that I am also brave and strong. Because it takes a lot of courage and faith to hone a great man. As the other saying goes : " Every great man is a great woman. " So, I guess I can say that its a win-win for us. As we move along with life, we mold each other into a person th...

10 Important Tips to Consider in Choosing an a Health Insurance Plan

December is always the most celebrated month in the Philippines. This is the time we honor the birth of our savior, Jesus Christ. But, let's all admit that we look forward to this season because of the bonuses and 13th month. And let's also admit to ourselves, that most of the Filipinos are "one-day-millionares". We tend to spend rather than save or invest. Finding the right healthcare plan is not always easy, especially if one is doing it on their own. Availing of a health insurance is a highly individual exercise because each person has different needs. A freelancer’s requirements, for instance, will be very different from that of an employed parent. Someone who lives a sedentary lifestyle will have different needs from that of someone more active. There are many things to consider when one is trying to decide on a plan best for them, so it’s important to closely study one’s options before eventually selecting one. Maria Health, the Philippines’ first...

GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY PH

The worldwide celebration of GLOBAL WELLNESS DAY yesterday, June 11, 2016, from 7am to 11am at the 2nd Floor of FTX Fitness Exchange. The celebration was a huge success as people from different walks of life gathered and pledged to the aims of this advocacy, which are: To recognize the value of our lives, to pause and think, even if for just one day of the year,  to be free from the stress of everyday city life and bad habits, to make peace with ourselves, and to raise awareness about living well and increase motivation, not justfor today, but for the remaining 364 days of the year.   Early morning beauties getting ready for a healthier us! There's always a first!  I'm saying yes! Butt shot with Jazz Rodriguez, our yoga instructor. My first try on yoga : The best! My nephew Juan enjoying scalp massage. (Video and photos courtesy of Occasions of Joy ) GWD   is   an   entirely   not-for-profit   day, ...